Ellen attended the University of New England in Portland Maine, where she received her Masters in Occupational Therapy. She has experience both in a multidisciplinary pediatric outpatient setting, as well as in skilled nursing facilities, working across all ages. Ellen was drawn to working with kids, specifically for the joy in helping kids and their families have fun and be successful at home, school, and anywhere life takes them. She has experience with a variety of diagnoses including Autism, ADHD, genetic disorders, sensory processing, picky eating, developmental delays, delays from trauma as well as emotional dysregulation. Ellen’s emphases in treatment include addressing emotional regulation, sensory processing, body awareness, executive function, self-cares, fine motor and gross motor skills. She believes we are the best learners when kids feel safe, are themselves, and are given just the right amount of challenge.
- Sensory Integration in Practice (2021)
- 4 Essential Steps Towards a Strengths Based Approach to Autism (2022)
- Adverse Childhood Experiences (2023)
- Childhood Trauma and Executive Function Deficits (2023)
- Neurodevelopmental Disorders and Adverse Life Experiences (2023)